Welcome to Canberra Private Hospital
Covid-19 Update – December 2021 – The following measures will remain in place until further notice
Due to the current Covid-19 outbreak in the ACT, please note the following advice for patients scheduled for admission at Canberra Private Hospital:
- All persons attending Canberra Private Hospital will be required to wear a surgical mask while onsite
- In line with the ACT Clinical Health Emergency Coordination Centre (CHECC) all patients, staff, contractors and any other person entering Canberra Private Hospital are required to complete the online health screening questionnaire on your day of admission or attendance, this can be completed in the following ways:
- Following completion of the check in process on the ground floor, patients will transfer to Level 1 reception for admission
Visitor Access to Canberra Private Hospital
From 22nd November 2021 we welcome each of our patients to have up to two visitors per day. The name of the visitor(s) will be recorded with staff on the Ground Floor during weekday hours of 6am – 5pm, or weekend hours of 10am – 2pm. If visiting outside these times, visitors will need to access the ward by using the intercom, or by calling 02 6173 3733 and speaking to a member of staff.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Located in Deakin, Canberra Private Hospital provides specialised surgical services and excellent facilities including:
- Four technologically-advanced operating theatres
- Day surgery recovery room
- 38 beds for longer post-operative stays, each with their own ensuite, including 32 single rooms
- Inpatient and day rehabilitation service to assist recovery from surgery and medical illness, including an onsite gymnasium
- Diagnostic services, including pathology, ultrasound and radiology
- Pharmacy services
Our inpatients have access to free WiFi and Foxtel, and high-quality nutritious meals prepared in our onsite kitchen.
Whether you are with us for a day, or a little longer, your needs always come first. Our experienced staff are committed to providing the best care, from pre-admission to discharge.
Canberra Private Hospital is accredited with ACHS and NSQHS Standards.
Patients regularly comment that Canberra Private Hospital doesn’t feel like a hospital; their care is personalised and they feel included in decision-making. Unlike many other hospitals, we’re also known for our food! In partnership with the catering services team, our internationally trained chef creates a range of appetising meals for all dietary requirements.
General Manager/Director of Nursing
A comfortable, worry-free hospital visit begins before the day of your procedure. We’ll make sure you feel ready for your operation, and have everything you need for your stay with us.
When we’ve received your admissions forms, we’ll review your medical history, and get in touch if we require any additional information. If we have your mobile number, we’ll send you an SMS confirming the time and date of your admission, as well as any fasting instructions. Alternatively, we’ll reach you via your work or home number.Learn more about what to expect and how to prepare for your surgery
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders
Acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important aspect of ending exclusion.
Canberra Private Hospital acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the land, the Ngunnawal people, and recognises their continuing culture and connections to the land and the unique contributions they make to the life of this area. Canberra Private Hospital also acknowledges and welcomes Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who are a part of the community we serve.
Awareness of the importance of different cultures and acceptance of this diversity as a part of Modern Australia is central to the Canberra Private Hospital culture, this increased acceptance across all aspects of our society is a critical aspect in helping to create a more united Australia.
Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Oral & maxillofacial surgery
Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery